How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Selling a car around Mesa can be a bit of a hassle, but if you want to sell your vehicle Rocky's Auto Credit can help. Here we cover some tips and tricks for how to sell a car at a dealership around Phoenix so you’ll feel confident, prepared, and ready when the time comes! If you have questions, contact us. We’re here for you!
Steps to Take Before Selling Your Car
Before you contact any dealerships in the Glendale area, make sure your vehicle is in tip-top shape. Of course, if your car needs major mechanical repairs and you’ve already sunk a lot of money into it, it may be smart to sell it as-is rather than invest more money into it. Regardless, for most Tempe drivers, it’s a good idea to have your vehicle professionally detailed and to take care of any pressing maintenance issues before selling it. Here are some additional tips for steps to take before selling your car:
- Clean Your Car and Do Minor Maintenance: Detail your car, take it to a car wash, or at least clean it inside and out. Be sure to spot clean any upholstery stains, vacuum the carpeting, and take care of any odors. Also be sure to do any minor maintenance tasks such as installing brake lights, adding coolant, and more.
- Have Important Documentation Ready: From your registration to the title to your license and all maintenance and repair receipts, have all essential documents ready. It’s also wise to run a vehicle history report so that you’re prepared with any “dings” the dealer might use to try to negotiate the purchase price down.
- Make Your Car as Stock as Possible: If you’ve added on some modifications or customizations to your vehicle over time, note that you should sell your vehicle in as close to stock condition as possible. Carefully remove your aftermarket rims, take out floor mats, uninstall your aftermarket stereo, and so on.
- Be Aware Of Your Car’s Condition & Estimated Book Value: It’s a good idea to take your car to your mechanic before selling to have an accurate and objective understanding of what kind of condition it’s in. Then, research its fair market value with local ads and with Kelley Blue Book.
How to Value Your Trade
So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? Rocky's Auto Credit is committed to making the entire process as hassle-free as possible. Not only is taking advantage of our trade-valuation process convenient for you, but it also ensures you get fairly compensated for your vehicle. Contact our finance team to discuss a trade-in value for your car.
Car Selling and Buying Tips
Still a little unsure about the answer to “how does selling your car to a dealership work?” We have some important tips to share. Check out these helpful tips on how to sell a car to a dealership in a way that gets you the price you need:
- Shop Around: Don’t settle on the first offer. If you’re not convinced you’re getting a good deal, look for a dealership that gives you a value you think is fair based on market values.
- Negotiate Your Deal: Point out recent maintenance costs, vehicle condition, book value, and more, anything that will get you a higher value for your vehicle. Also, be careful that your trade-in value isn’t offset by a higher interest rate, longer loan term, or things like delivery fees for the next vehicle you buy.
- Read Before You Sign: Before you finalize selling your car, make sure to thoroughly read all relevant paperwork.
Turn to Rocky's Auto Credit to Find Your Next Vehicle
Now that you no longer need to ask, “how does selling your car to a dealership work?” contact us to get the process started. You can apply for financing from the comfort of your home and browse our extensive inventory online. Get in touch today and let us know how we can help.
More from Rocky's Auto Credit
Long known as a serious muscle car, the Dodge Challenger is a performance car enthusiast’s dream. While more recent models feature improved form and power, the 2016 Dodge Challenger can still win at the races. Regardless of which model year you choose, the Dodge Challenger is packed with power that will get your adrenaline pumping….
The Ford Mustang is a muscle car famous for its curves, growl, and speed. Movies have been made about this vehicle and, if you’ve ever owned one, you’ve never looked back. For those planning to buy a used Ford Mustang for sale in the Phoenix area, there are a few things to take into account…
When the summer heat is raging, head to one of the top water parks near Phoenix, AZ to spend the day splashing, cooling off, and feeling the rush of adrenaline when you fly down a water slide. These are some of the best water parks in the Phoenix area! Golfland Sunsplash Head to Golfland Sunsplash for…